The discovery of Prebiotics was a milestone. Since 2003, our Aptamil Baby foods contain the Patented blend of Galacto-oligosaccahride and fructo-oligosaccharide (scGOS: lcFOS (9:1)), which was developed from our research.
What are oligosaccharides and what is the Patented Blend of Galacto-oligosaccahride and fructo-oligosaccharide (scGOS: lcFOS (9:1))?
Oligosaccharides are indigestible carbohydrates which pass through, the colon undigested.
Oligosaccharides are “good” intestinal bacteria and they serve as a source of food and help to promote growth of Bifidobacterium and Lactobacilli in particular. This helps support the intestinal barrier and immune system of babies.
In many years of work, our researchers managed to mimic the positive effects of oligosaccharides explored: the development of a blend of short-chain galacto-oligosaccharides* and long-chain fructo-oligosaccharides* in the ratio 9:1 was found to be effective.
The only Patented Prebiotic Blend^ supporting your child's natural defences1
Clinical study published in Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition [JPGN2]
KEY HIGHLIGHTS FROM THIS STUDY:
- Conducted across various countries in Europe and Asia
- 767 Childcare based children
- Consumption of formula milk supplement with Patented Prebiotic Blend (scGOS:IcFOS in ratio 9:1) led to
- Increase in number of children with zero infectious episodes
1 Arslanoglu et al. 2008. Journal of Nutrition, 138:1091-1095
2 Chatchatee P et al. Effects of Growing-Up Milk Supplemented With Prebiotics and LCPUFAs on Infections in Young Children. JPGN 2014; 58(4):428-437
Download AptaAdvantage App today, your one-stop Parenting app to enjoy:
- Educational content to support you on your motherhood journey
- Various complimentary classes and exclusive discounts with our key enrichment partners
Kickstart your AptaAdvantage experience by signing up HERE.