Neocate LCP Infant Formula (0-12 months)
- Complete hypoallergenic nutrition for sensitive babies
Brought to you by Danone Nutricia, Europe's No. 1 Baby Milk Company *, Nutricia Neocate LCP is a nutritionally complete powdered amino-acid based formula for infants 0-12 months with moderate to severe cow's milk protein allergy (CMPA), multiple food protein intolerances or other food allergy related conditions where an amino acid based formula is recommended by healthcare professionals+
- 100% non-allergenic amino acids
- DHA , ARA and nucleotide, important building blocks for brain development
+Neocate LCP is a food for special medical purposes and should always be used under the medical supervision of your healthcare professional. The quantity of feed should be determined by a healthcare professional only and is dependent on the age, body weight and medical condition of the infant.
It is suitable* for infants with :
- Cow's Milk Protein Allergy (CMPA)
- Multiple Food Protein Tolerance (MFPI)
- Food Allergy - associated conditions :
- Short bowel syndrome (SBS)
- Food-protein-induced enterocolitis syndrome (FPIES)
- Eosinophilic Oesophagitis (EoE)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux (GER)
- Other GI disorder
|Unit||Per 100g||Per 100nd (13.8% dilution)•|
|Protein (10.8 En%)||g||13||1.8|
|Total Amino Acids||g||15.5||2.1|
|Carbohydrate (43.5 En%)||g||52.5||7.2|
|of which Sugars||g||4.7||0.65|
|Fat (45.7 En%)||g||24.5||3.4|
|Minerals and trace elements|
|Approx age of baby||Approx weight of baby (kg)||Level scoops of powder||Cooled boiled water (ml)||Feeds in 24 hours|
1 scoop = 4.6g powder. NOTE: 1 level scoop of powder is added to 30ml of water to yield the recommended feed concentration (13.8% w/v). Osmolality at the recommended concentration is 340 mOsm/kg. A lower concentration may be required initially until tolerance is achieved.
- How to make a feed of Neocate LCP:
- Wash your hands thoroughly and clean preparation area.
- Sterilise bottles and teats.
- Boil fresh water and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes so that it feels warm to the wrist.
- Pour the required amount of water into a sterilised feeding bottle.
- Fill the measuring spoon provided with Neocate LCP and level off with a clean, dry knife. Do not press the powder into the measuring spoon. Only use the measuring spoon that comes with the product.
- Add the prescribed number of measuring spoons of Neocate LCP to the water.
- Replace the cap on the bottle and shake until the powder has dissolved.
- Before feeding, ensure that the formula has the correct temperature by placing a few drops on the inside of your wrist.
When your baby is using Neocate LCP for the first time it might need some time to settle. Below are some general guidelines about what you could expect.
The colour, consistency and frequency of stools may differ between infants depending on a number of factors; It will depend on whether the baby is breast-fed (and the diet of the mother) or formula-fed (and the type of formual). If your baby is on amino acid based formula like Neocate LCP, stools may be greenish in colour and are often relatively dark though not black (black can indicate blood in the stools so always contact the doctor if you see this). T his is perfectly normal in babies taking Neocate LCP. It is due to the special composition of Neocate LCP and the way it is digested in the body.
Regardless if your baby drinks breast milk or formula, blood or mucus in the stools is not typical so if you see this, you should contact your doctor.
Initially your baby may have more wind while taking Neocate LCP. This is quite normal and should settle. It is just your baby’s body getting used to digesting Neocate LCP.
Your baby may start taking larger amounts of Neocate LCP once his or her symptoms have rsolved. This is to be expected, especially if your child is underweight for its age. Your baby is now able to digest the formula properly and will take extra formula to catch up on their growth. Continue to feed on demand
If in any doubt, contact your child’s doctor or dietitian for advice.