1. Collection of Personal Data (as defined below)We may collect your name, address, e-mail, birth date, gender, contact numbers, occupation, child’s details and personal interests or any other personal information that constitutes “personal data” under the PDPA ("Personal Data") when you register for membership. Your Personal Data disclosure is important to us as it will enable us to offer goods and services to you that are more likely to suit your specific needs and interests. Once you complete the registration process, you will qualify for all privileges as a member which includes special offers from the Company from time to time.
In the event you choose to sign up online using your Facebook account or link your Facebook account to your membership, the Company will receive the following information from Facebook:
(a) your public profile (which includes your name, profile picture, age range, gender, language, country, and other public information);
(b) the e-mail address you use for your Facebook account; and
(c) your News Feed (which includes status updates, photos, videos, links, app activity and likes from people, pages and groups that you follow on Facebook).
Cookies will not collect Personal Data such as names or e-mail addresses. Nevertheless, if you do not wish to have cookies in your computer, you may configure your web browser to disable cookies.
Benefits of Cookies:
(a) to check usage frequency or visiting pattern. These tracking cookies help us to understand the user's character and habits. Moreover, it will help us improve our services, contents, advertising patterns, as well as promotional activities offered on the Website to best suit individual needs; and
(b) to evaluate the number of visitors. Different browsers will have different uses for cookies that can distinguish visitors as members or non-members. This information is useful for presenting advertisements that best suit a target audience, evaluating user interests, and the user's internet usage pattern.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
4. Use of member's Personal DataAll Personal Data collected will only be used to enable us to provide information on or offer goods and services that best suit our members’ needs and interests by mail, SMS, phone and/or e-mail.
5. Third party sitesThis Website may contain links, plug-ins, widgets or other connections to other sites and other sites may also provide links, plug-ins, widgets or other connections to this Website (collectively “Third Party Sites”). These Third Party Sites are operated by parties other than the Company. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Third Party Sites and we do not operate and have no control over, and make no representation or warranty relating to, the content, functions, goods sold or services provided on or obtained through, or the availability, accuracy, appropriateness, legality or reliability of, any Third Party Sites. We expressly disclaim all liabilities and responsibilities arising in relation to the access and/or use of any Third Party Sites, and shall not be liable for any loss or damage you may suffer or incur from accessing and/or using the Third Party Sites (including any virus, spyware, malware, worms, errors or damaging material contained in the Third Party Sites). You hereby agree to assume all risk arising from the access and/or use of the Third Party Sites, and hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive, release and discharge us from all claims against us with respect to any loss or damage suffered or incurred from accessing and/or using the Third Party Sites.
6. Disclosure of member's personal dataUnless required or permitted under Singapore law, we will not disclose your Personal Data to any other organization without your consent.
Certain promotional or marketing campaign activities conducted via the Website may be sponsored by another company, trade partner or business alliance. By participating or agreeing to participate in such activities, you hereby agree (and consent) that your Personal Data which is collected by us as part of such activities may be disclosed to the sponsoring company, trade partner or business alliance. However, we will notify you prior to any such disclosure and the purposes for which your Personal Data may be used, in which event, you can withdraw from participating in these activities if you do not agree to such disclosure/use.
The Company may disclose your Personal Data without your consent in the following special cases:
(a) if the disclosure is necessary for any investigation or proceedings;
(b) if the disclosure is necessary for evaluative purposes;
(c) if the disclosure is necessary for the Company to obtain legal services; or
(d) if the disclosure is required or allowed under law.
7. Consent of members with respect to Personal Data collection, usage and disclosureIf you consent to receiving information about the Company's products and services by mail, SMS, phone and e-mail, we will contact you by any of those communication channels to inform you about our news, activities, goods and services.
Members who have registered online can adjust their preferences at any time if they no longer wish to be contacted for such purposes. Please go to “My AptaAdvantage” and choose “My Profile” to change your personal settings.
For members who have registered other than through our Website, you can contact our Data Protection Officers (Ms Michelle Ang, 63950380, email@example.com or Valencia Lai, 63950377, firstname.lastname@example.org) to modify your preferences.
You may withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data by us for any purpose by giving written notice thereof via e-mail to our Data Protection Officers. Your notice should set out relevant details of the Personal Data in question, and the purpose(s) for which you are withdrawing your consent. Please note, however, that if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain membership services, products or benefits to you. Certain offers, discounts and other benefits are also conditional on your consent for the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data for purposes such as marketing. You shall be deemed to have accepted these consequences following the withdrawal of your consent.
The Company does not have a policy to sell or lease Personal Data to outsiders. However, as described above, the Company may disclose your Personal Data to a third party provided that the Company will inform you of the proposed disclosure prior to such disclosure and you will have the right to refuse such disclosure or choose not to use those services or to participate in any promotional or marketing activities which has been made conditional upon such disclosure.
8. Your rightsMembers who have registered online can amend or update their Personal Data and adjust their preferences by personally logging in using their username and password at any time they wish. Please go to “My AptaAdvantage” and choose “My Profile” to change your personal settings.
If you forget your login name and password, you may go to the main page or member registration page and click on "Forgot your password". The program will bring you to the "Forgot your Password" page. You will need to type in the e-mail address used in registration, and the program will automatically send an email to your registered e-mail address, prompting you to reset your password.
Should you wish to know what Personal Data about you is held by us, or if you have any questions or inquiries concerning your Personal Data, please send an email to email@example.com. You may also use the aforementioned avenues to withdraw your consent for the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data.
If you find inaccuracies in the Personal Data we are holding, you have the right to require us to correct those inaccuracies free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the information which is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
Your exercise of the above rights is subject to certain exemptions pursuant to the PDPA.
The Company will endeavor to respond to your request within  days after receiving your request in accordance with all applicable laws.
9. Personal Data securityEach member who has registered online must have a private password to access his/her Personal Data, so that only that member can access his/her Personal Data.
The Company strongly suggests that you keep your login name and password secret. The Company will not ask for your password via telephone or e-mail. If you share a computer with others, please log out every time you no longer use our services or close your browser when you have finished visiting our Website in order to prevent others from using your information.
(a) Access to your account will be protected by a login name and password which are unique to you;
(b) Personal Data will be stored only on secured servers; and
(c) Only authorised personnel will be allowed access to your Personal Data.
Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your Personal Data, please note that no data transmitted over the internet is completely secure. As such, we cannot ensure or warrant that a third party will not unlawfully access your Personal Data and you hereby acknowledge that you transmit such information entirely at your own risk.
We hereby disclaim any responsibility or liability directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with, any loss, theft, or unauthorised access, collection, use, retention, disclosure, transfer, copying, modification, disposal or similar actions with regard to any Personal Data held or maintained by us, except to the extent caused by our wilful default or gross negligence. You are duly advised to take all necessary precautions to keep your personal codes and passwords safe from unauthorised access.