Establish rules on behaviour
- Reinforce good behaviour by clapping your hands, smiling at him and praising his actions
- Discourage negative behaviour by using a firm tone and expression and ignore him for a while before reassuring him that you still love him
- Tell your little one what he should do and model that behaviour so that he can copy it
Build a happy and supportive environment
- Maintain a positive and supportive relationship among family members to promote positive emotions
- Avoid conflicts in front of your baby
- Encourage members of the family to engage and play with your baby to help him create happy memories and build self-confidence.
- Manage negative emotions and calm yourself down before you tend to your baby
Always remember that as your child grows and develops, he will also become more sensitive to his surroundings. That's why it's essential to help make him feel safe, loved and secured by maintaining a positive home environment, so he can grow up to be a well rounded individual.
Download AptaAdvantage App today, your one-stop Parenting app to enjoy:
- Educational content to support you on your motherhood journey
- Various complimentary classes and exclusive discounts with our key enrichment partners
Kickstart your AptaAdvantage experience by signing up HERE.