How much sleep should your child get per day?
Recommended Amount of Sleep Per Day:
- Infants 4 months to 12 months should sleep 12 to 16 hours per 24 hours (including naps) on a regular basis to promote optimal health.
- Children 1 to 2 years of age should sleep 11 to 14 hours per 24 hours (including naps) on a regular basis to promote optimal health.
- Children 3 to 5 years of age should sleep 10 to 13 hours per 24 hours (including naps) on a regular basis to promote optimal health.
Having trouble with bedtime?
Get your child used to night and day to help them learn that night-time is for sleeping.
- During the day:
- Open the curtains
- Play games
- During the night:
- Keep the lights dimmed
- Speak in a quiet voice
- Lay your child down after feeding and changing
- Avoid playing with your baby at night
Establish a soothing bedtime routine to help prevent sleeping problems.
- Simple baby bedtime routines:
- Turn off the television or any gadgets 30 minutes before bedtime
- Taking a bath
- Changing into pyjamas and fresh diapers
- Brushing their teeth
- Reading them a bedtime story
- Singing a lullaby
Stay one step ahead with these bedtime tips and soon, both you and your child will be reaping the benefits of a good night’s sleep.
Register now with AptaAdvantage to enjoy:
- Exclusive Discovery Pack with a FREE 900g SAMPLE of Aptamil Toddler/Junior Gold+ Growing Up Formula
- Various complimentary classes and exclusive discounts with our key enrichment partners
Kick start your AptaAdvantage journey by signing up HERE. While stocks last!
Terms & conditions apply.