1. General information for membersWe may collect your name, NRIC, address, e-mail, address, birth date, gender, contact numbers, occupation, child’s details and personal interests ("Personal Data") when you register for membership. Your Personal Data disclosure is important because we will utilise the Personal Data to present goods and services that may suit your needs and interests. Once you complete the registration process, you will qualify for all privileges as a member. These also include special offers from the Company.
In the event you choose to sign up online using your Facebook account or link your Facebook account to your membership, the Company will receive the following information from Facebook:
(a) your public profile (which includes your name, profile picture, age range, gender, language, country, and other public information);
(b) your friends list;
(c) the e-mail address you use for your Facebook account; and
(d) your News Feed.
Should your Personal Data be stolen, hacked, lost or damaged due to accident or by any other means, without any fault or negligence on the part of the Company, the Company reserves the right to refuse any responsibility for any damages incurred to the extent permitted under Singapore law.
Cookies will not collect personal information such as names or e-mail addresses. Nevertheless, if you do not wish to have cookies in your computer, you may configure your web browser to disable cookies.
Benefits of Cookies:
(a) to check usage frequency or visiting pattern. These tracking cookies help us to understand the user's character and habits. Moreover, it will help us improve our services, contents, advertising patterns, as well as promotional activities offered on the website to best suit individual needs; and
(b) to evaluate the number of visitors. Different browsers will have different uses for cookies that can distinguish visitors as members or non-members. This information is useful for presenting advertisements that best suit a target audience, evaluating user interests, and the user's internet usage pattern.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
4. Use of member's personal data
The data collected can be used internally for our in-house affiliated associations
5. Keeping member's personal dataIn case the Company requires additional personal information, the Company will ask for such additional data from you and keep it confidential.
In some cases when the Company needs to disclose your Personal Data to a third party, the Company will notify you of such disclosure in advance. The member always has the right to approve or disapprove of such disclosures, or even to refuse to receive those services as they wish.
Certain promotional or marketing campaign activities that occur in www.aptaadvantage.com.sg may be sponsored by another company, trade partner or business alliance. All or part of a member's personal information collected from such activities may be presented to the sponsoring company, trade partner or business alliance, in which case the members will be notified before any disclosure. In this event, the member can reserve the right not to participate in these activities.
6. Disclosure of member's personal dataUnless required or permitted under Singapore law, we will not disclose a member's Personal Data to others without the member’s consent.
We may disclose a member’s Personal Data in, amongst others, the following circumstances:
5.1 Information for trade partners and/or business alliances as well as business sponsors. The Company may disclose personal information to business alliances and business sponsors.
The Company will inform you in advance of this intention and seek your consent before the disclosure or transfer of your Personal Data takes place. 5.2 In some promotional campaigns, the campaign sponsors may ask for additional information.
The Company reserves the right to disclose your Personal Data to the sponsor to enable us to respond to your future needs effectively. We will inform you of such a release prior to disclosure, passing on, or transfer, and seek your consent in relation thereto.
5.3 In some cases you may be offered information or special news from a third party. Once you agree to receive such information, your name and e-mail address will be disclosed to the third party and you will be deemed to have consented to such disclosure.
5.4 The Company may also disclose information in the following special cases:
(a) if the disclosure is necessary for any investigation or proceedings;
(b) if the disclosure is necessary for evaluative purposes;
(c) if the disclosure is necessary for the Company to obtain legal services; or
(d) if the disclosure is required by law.
7. Choices of members in personal data collection, usage and disclosureIf you consent to receiving information about the Company's products and services by mail, SMS, phone and e-mail, we will contact you by any of those communication channels to inform you about our news, activities, goods and services.
For members who have registered online, you can change the personal settings at your member’s webpage at any time if you no longer wish to be contacted for such purposes. Please go to “My AdptaAdvantage” and choose “My Profile” to change your personal settings.
For members who have registered other than through our website, you can contact our Data Protection Officer to modify your preferences. Please refer to Clause 7 for more information about how to contact our Data Protection Officer.
The Company does not have a policy to sell or lease personal information to outsiders. However, as described above, the Company may disclose your Personal Data to a third party, in which circumstance the Company will inform you of the proposed disclosure prior to the disclosure and in which case you have the right to refuse the request if you do not wish the Company to disclose your Personal Data. You can choose not to use those services or to participate in any promotional or marketing activities.
8. Amendment of and access to personal data online or through our data protection officerMembers who have registered online can amend or update their Personal Data and adjust their preferences by personally logging in using their username and password at any time they wish. Please go to “My AptaAdvantage” and choose “My Profile” to change your personal settings.
If you forget your login name and password, you may go to the main page or member registration page and click on "Forgot your password". The program will bring you to the "Forgot your Password" page. You will need to type in the e-mail address used in registration, and the program will automatically send an email to your registered e-mail address, prompting you to reset your password.
If at any time you wish to know what Personal Data about you that we are holding, or if you have any questions or inquiries concerning your Personal Data, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also use the aforementioned avenues to withdraw your consent for the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data.
9. Caution about loss and inappropriate use of personal dataEach member who has registered online must have a private password to access his/her Personal Data, so that only that member can access his/her Personal Data.
The Company strongly suggests that you keep your login name and password secret. The Company will not ask for your password via telephone or e-mail. If you share a computer with others, please log out every time you no longer use our services or close your browser when you have finished visiting our website in order to prevent others from using your information. Please note that sending information over the internet is not 100% secured.
Therefore, in this regard, the Company cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted over the internet in any case, whether on data inflow to the Company or outflow from the Company back to you. However, the Company will use reasonable endeavours to secure all information flow over the internet.